The Special Projects Account Manager has the primary role of Seeking, estimating, selling and project managing HVAC, plumbing, controls and sheetmetal projects in a professional manner. Coordinating with the estimating team and SP manager as needed to perform estimates and proposals to ASSC and customer standards.
ASSC EMPLOYEE BEHAVIOR DRIVERS
- ASSC Employees are excellent communicators. They listen and they respond. (they do not react.) They are clear in their language.
- ASSC Employees are customer focused. They work to create the right processes and environments that support the customer.
- ASSC Employees build new skills. They are always seeking, adding, and honing new and existing skills.
- ASSC Employees improve the system they work in. They work hard to create successful environments, processes, and systems.
- ASSC Employees perform outside of their job title. They do what needs to be done to achieve success despite what is or is not in their job description.
- ASSC Employees follow through. They do what they say they will do.
- ASSC Employees become company smart. They understand the ins and outs of ASSC. They understand and hold up the company mission statement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Special Projects Account Manager has the following Primary responsibilities and duties.
- Performs Project Management assignments on selected projects determined by the SP Manager.
- Work with the SP Project Coordinators to ensure project support objectives are met within the standards and quality guidelines set by the SP Manager.
- Actively maintains personal contact with assigned key accounts.
- Cold calling and securing new business with General Contractors, Property managers, facility managers and any potential client.
- Follow-up on leads that develop through our service department in both the Sacramento and Bay Area markets.
- Building customer relationships that will produce and bring work to the ASSC SP team.
- Manages the design of the project in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Ensures all equipment and materials are on the job site when needed according to the project schedule with the help of the Project Coordinators and General Superintendents.
- Ensures project kick-off meetings are held with appropriate personnel, in accordance with the standards and quality guidelines set by the SP team Manager.
- Ensures project estimates are converted to budgets and schedule of values are entered within two weeks after receiving signed proposal or contract.
- Review Budget with Field/Superintendents prior to submission to accounting.
- Actively manages the planned vs. actual project scheduling and cost to assure these items remain under control and takes immediate action to correct the situation should problems develop. Communicates any problem to SP manager immediately.
- Ensures that all Change Order authorizations are received before construction work is initiated, or that paperwork follow up is done to obtain signed Change Orders as soon as practical.
- Provides resources and assistance to the Project Coordinators for preparation of submittals.
- Meet Monthly, Quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Update Pipedrive daily.
- Assures that complete project closeout packages are prepared by the Project Coordinators and submitted to the client according to the project document requirements to assure final billings and project specific retention funds are not delayed.
- Provide PM sales manager contact and equipment submittals/lists with purpose of securing project maintenance contract.
- Provides data and general assistance to Accounting for invoicing customers and contracts in progress for work done on projects and provides collection assistance when necessary.
Utilize company resources such as estimating team, SP manager, engineering team and field in the preparation and delivery of customer proposals, estimates and presentations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
ASSC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.