Job Openings: Project Manager- Roles & Responsibilities
The Project Manager has the primary role of providing the leadership, planning, organization, control, coordination, and direction of project management to meet the profit and growth objectives of Air Systems Service and Construction.
Provides the project management resources to act for the company in matters pertaining to the successful progress and completion of assigned projects according to established schedules and specifications.
· Provides the on-the-job-site representation to work with clients toward the successful completion of assigned large projects.
· Assists in the marketing and sales activities of the company, including business development, sales, direct customer relations, estimating, bidding, pricing and project negotiations.
· Performs estimating and assistance to estimating department for selected projects as assigned or as needed. Coordinate field, engineering and estimating resources to assist. Utilize provided unit pricing when applicable.
· Provide mentorship and oversight to project engineers, project coordinators and other project team members as appropriate.
· The Project Manager reports directly to the Construction Operations Manager.
· If required, the Project Manager shall elevate issues directly to the VP of Construction if needed.
· If required, the Project Manager shall elevate further unresolved issues directly to the General Manager if needed
· The Project Manager has the authority to work with all Air Systems personnel in a manner that effectively and efficiently completes the assigned work in accordance with the specifications of the projects on schedule and within the budget.
· Has the authority to manage awarded projects, prepare submittals, and coordinate the installation with the company’s field personnel and other trades on the job.
· Has the authority to direct the utilization of company assets in the execution of a project.
· Has the authority to select which subcontractors and/or vendors to request bids from, and award bids to subcontractors and/or vendors based on the established criteria.
· Has the authority to requisition project equipment and material needed to complete the job, provided the items are within the limits of the project budget and/or have been approved by the Vice President of Construction and the Executive Vice President.
· Has the authority to assist and advise the estimating department team in the performance of estimating activities and provide project management oversight through the bidding process.
· Has the authority to assist and advise the engineering department in the performance of design activities.
1. The Project Manager is responsible for assisting in the review of project design and verifying that the scope of work is adequately represented, assisting in all project scheduling and milestones, insuring that all equipment and materials are on the job site when needed, identifying and resolving obstacles related to the project, for closing out the project according to the approved schedule, and for bringing in the job on or under budget.
2. The Project Manager has the responsibility for providing resources and direction to successfully manage assigned projects:
· To assure an acceptable profit level by completing all assigned projects within or below the estimated budget.
· To maintain a 100% on time completion record
· And complete all assigned projects to the satisfaction of the client.
· To provide updated productivity tracking to appropriate departments
3. For accepting and managing project assignments as determined by the Construction Operations Manager.
4. For working with the Superintendent and/or Project Foremen in providing a clean, secure and safe work environment for all personnel working on assigned projects, and a safe environment for the community.
5. For interaction with clients both project specific and industry events.
6. For the ethical standards and goodwill of Air Systems Service and Construction as it pertains to assigned projects.
7. The Project Manager is responsible for and performs the following duties associated with the Sales and Marketing functions of the position.
· Actively maintains personal contact with key accounts.
· Assists in maintaining customer relationships with key clients and generally participating in the marketing and sales functions.
· Prepares and delivers customer proposals and presentations.
· Coordinates and assists in the estimating and bidding of assigned jobs.
8. The Project Manager is responsible for and performs the following duties associated with the Project Management functions of the position.
· Accepts and manages project assignments as designated by the Construction Operations Manager.
· Develops and maintains project schedules of assigned projects and works with the General Superintendent and Project Foremen to incorporate them into the overall company schedule.
· Prepares and tracks submittal and updates team with their status.
· Monitors each job they are assigned, to assure that it is completed on schedule and within the budget.
· Meets with and fully coordinates the information flow between the appropriate construction, engineering and estimating personnel on each project before construction work is initiated through kick-off meetings at the critical stages of each project. Provides feedback to each team on the results of issues related to the execution of the project.
· Reports project status monthly to Construction Operations Manager.
· Frequently reviews the planned vs. actual project scheduling and cost to ensure these items remain under control, and that immediate action is taken to correct the situation should problems develop. Provides feedback to the appropriate teams on these actual results of each project.
· Follows the procedures outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures for change orders.
· Establishes and implements a system that ensures a review of all change orders, and an effort will be made to have an authorized client signature on all Change Orders prior to starting work related to the Change Orders.
· Provides data and general assistance to Accounting for invoicing customers and contracts in progress for work done on projects and provides collection assistance when necessary.
· Takes reasonable action to assure adherence to all applicable laws, regulations and other official acts issued by federal, state or local governments or agencies.
9. The Project Manager is responsible for and performs the following other functions associated with the position:
· Reviews, and revises if appropriate, his personal job-related objectives and evaluates the achievements of such objectives each quarter.
· Reviews manpower level adjustment requirements with labor managers and field management and have appropriate action taken. Tracks project manpower with superintendent and/or foreman.
· Provides direction and guidance to foremen to ensure project labor budgets are measured and maintained on an ongoing basis.
· Provides direction and guidance to foremen regarding production targets and goals.
· Coordinates with superintendent to review and approve/disapprove the use of out of town manpower to meet peak load of local work.
· Maintain an ongoing plan for meeting peak load manpower requirements with superintendent.
· Develop with Foremen an exit plan on each project. Schedule on-going exit reviews/updates.