The Construction Manager has the primary role of providing the leadership, planning, organization, control, coordination, and direction of the tasks and duties as assigned by the General Manager and the Executive Vice President as necessary to achieve a profitable result and to meet the objectives of the companies Mission Statement.
ASSC EMPLOYEE BEHAVIOR DRIVERS
- ASSC Employees are excellent communicators. They listen and they respond. (they do not react.) They are clear in their language.
- ASSC Employees are customer focused, both internal and external. They work to create the right processes and environments that support the customer.
- ASSC Employees build new skills. They are always seeking, adding, and honing new and existing skills.
- ASSC Employees improve the system they work in. They work hard to create successful environments, processes, and systems.
- ASSC Employees perform outside of their job title. They do what needs to be done to achieve success despite what is or is not in their job description.
- ASSC Employees follow through. They do what they say they will do.
- ASSC Employees become company smart. They understand the ins and outs of ASSC. They understand and hold up the company mission statement.
- The Construction Manager provides the leadership, planning, organization, control, and coordination with the entire Construction team to meet the profit and growth objectives as determined by the GM and EVP.
- The Construction manager reports directly to the General Manager and Executive Vice President.
- The following positions report to the Construction Manager:
- Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- The following positions report indirectly to the Construction Manager:
- Field Superintendents
- Estimating Team
- Pre-Construction Team
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Construction Manager has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Personally, performs Project Management assignments on selected projects determined by the GM and EVP.
- Coordinate with the Special Projects Manager all new project turn overs from the SP sale force to the construction project management team.
- Mentor, train and directly supervise the Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, HVAC, Plumbing & Piping Superintendent to ensure objectives are met within the company’s standards and quality guidelines.
- Assists in hiring, discharging, and changing of duties within the Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, HVAC, Plumbing & Piping Team as needed when approved by the GM and EVP.
- Provides the HVAC, Plumbing & Piping Team with the training and resources to facilitate the successful progress and completion of all projects.
- Takes the lead role in career development of all Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Coordinators, HVAC, Plumbing & Piping Team personnel.
- Takes an active role in the marketing activities of the company, including business development, direct customer relations, estimating, bidding, pricing, and project negotiations as directed by the GM and EVP.
- Actively maintains personal contact with key accounts and represents ASSC at industry related events.
- Assists with the pre-construction / design services of projects in conjunction with the Engineering & Detailing team.
- Assists with the pre-construction / estimating services of projects in conjunction with the Estimating team.
- Ensure that the Project Managers have all equipment and materials on the job site when needed.
- Ensures project estimates are converted to budgets that are reviewed and endorsed by the Superintendent and Foreman.
- Ensures that budgets are followed by the superintendent and foreman, and that the budgets are converted to exit plans.
- Actively manages with the Project Manager the planned vs. actual project scheduling and cost to assure these items remain under control and takes immediate action to correct the situation should problems develop.
- Ensures that all Project Management responsibilities are performed on all projects with direct PM duties. Ensures that Change Order authorizations are received before construction work is initiated, or that paperwork follow up is done to obtain signed Change Orders as soon as practical.
- Ensures that the Project Manager complete project closeout packages prepared by the Project Coordinators and submit to the client according to the project document requirements
- Ensure that the Project Managers complete final billings and project specific retention funds are not delayed.
- Ensure that the Project Managers Provide data and general assistance to Accounting for invoicing customers and contracts in progress for work done on projects, and provides collection assistance, when necessary, on all projects with direct PM duties.
- Assists in creating annual operating budgets.
- Provides resources and assistance to the Project Coordinators for preparation of submittals.
- Actively reviews with the Project Management Team, schedules, procedures, tracking reports, vendor pricing and service agreements for vendor performance and evaluations.
- Assists the Estimating Team by acting as the Bid Captain for new project opportunities as assigned by the GM or EVP.
- Assists or directs resources in the preparation and delivery of customer proposals, estimates and presentations.
- Works with the Superintendent to develop scheduling strategies and milestone tracking per project.
- Interfaces with the Estimating, Detailing and Engineering team at project kickoff to review systems optimization strategies prior to fabrication.
- Executes annual performance evaluations for all Project Managers, Project Engineers, Project Coordinator, HVAC, Plumbing & Piping Management team members.
- Report to work on time and maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Execute all duties & responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Abide by the policies, rules and procedures as contained in the company’s Employee Handbook
- The Construction Manager performs other duties as assigned by the GM and EVP.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
ASSC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.